Natural disaster is unfortunate fact in our life. Do you remember what happen on December 26th, 2004? May all of us still remember it. A huge earthquake occurred under the sea, west Sumatra. This measured 9.0 on the Richter scale. That caused tsunami in Aceh. More than two hundred thousand people were killed in Aceh. Do you still confuse with how tsunami strike our land that caused many devastation? Well, I will give you a simple description about it.
Tsunami is began with earthquake and landslide under the sea. Then, the movement of the sea water is formed. There is deformation vertical under the sea that lead into the difference height. The difference hight of the sea surface is occurred by that deformation. After that, the process on balancing the height make a great wave about 50 meters. The length of this wave can reach thousand kilometers away.The wave speed is move about 500 till 1000 kilometers an hours. This sea wave will strike hard the nearest places on ten to thirty minutes after it happened. Tsunami wave move from the sea floor to the sea surface. The black mud of the basic material from the sea floor is brought by tsunami wave. The power of tsunami is added by those material.
That is the process how tsunami come. From this description, I hope you not easy to believe that a great earthquake always follow by tsunami. Please, check the process first and don't be panic.
http://www.e-dukasi.net/pengpop/pp_full.php?ppid=244&fname=hal4.htm
Senin, 23 Februari 2009
Langganan:
Posting Komentar (Atom)
.jpg)
I think it's depending on the type of the earthquake. At least, not all earthquake could cause a tsunami, but I know it's really disastrous!! Hehehehe!!
BalasHapus"...I hope you not easy to believe..." should be "...I hope you won't be easy to believe...".
BalasHapusPlease mind the Grammar, okay? But at least I see your development. Keep it up!
heizz...
BalasHapusi'm affraid of that,but you gave me the important information,thanx